Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fsimjee
Visitor
Visitor

Build stress-1.0.4 for Petalinux

Jump to solution

I would like to build the stress-1.0.4 tool for Petalinux. It is missing in Yocto so I would like to build it using the Petalinux tools. I was able to create an app template using this command:

petalinux-create -t apps -n stress-1.0.4 --enable

This created a folder: ./project-spec/meta-user/recipes-apps/stress-1.0.4/files that has a Makefile and stress-1.0.4.c file.

What should I do next? Can I drop in the package source files here?

Usually this package is installed like this:

./configure && make && sudo make install

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fsimjee
Visitor
Visitor

Good catch, I didn't see the stress package in the yocto menu that comes up during petalinux-config. My source code folder is a little different so I added the package a little differently.

I added the stress package to the petalinux-image-full.bbappend file with this line:

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " stress"

Then I ran "petalinux-config -c rootfs" to enable the package in the config menu.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
hokim
Scholar
Scholar

Hi

petalinux has the recipe for stress

$ find /opt/petalinux/2018.3/components/yocto/source/aarch64/layers/ -name 'stress*'
/opt/petalinux/2018.3/components/yocto/source/aarch64/layers/core/meta/recipes-extended/stress
/opt/petalinux/2018.3/components/yocto/source/aarch64/layers/core/meta/recipes-extended/stress/stress_1.0.4.bb

Add stress to IMAGE_INSTALL and do petalinux-build

0 Kudos
fsimjee
Visitor
Visitor

Good catch, I didn't see the stress package in the yocto menu that comes up during petalinux-config. My source code folder is a little different so I added the package a little differently.

I added the stress package to the petalinux-image-full.bbappend file with this line:

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " stress"

Then I ran "petalinux-config -c rootfs" to enable the package in the config menu.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos