UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot find the ADV7511 device driver in my linux

Jump to solution

I have built the kernel with the ADV7511, and when I connected my screen with HDMI cable, the screen show the linux system normally.But!!! I can't find the ADV7511 driver, the /dev list in my system is shown as below:

微信图片_20190225111206.png

I need to operate the driver node, so how can I do to find the adv7511 driver?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Cannot find the ADV7511 device driver in my linux

Jump to solution
Thanks for your reply, and I figured it out. the device node is named /dev/fb0 in the linux, I write images in it successfully.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi

ADV7511 driver is from Analog Devices, regards HDMI video output driver.

Basically showing device name is depends on the driver file , if we are adding it Kernel , extra function should call for adding as device node , which it will show as /dev/adv7511 , & /bus, /sys part of Linux Device policy (Name of Device, Type of Bus, Bus name using container_of macro).

Giving you the reference how to add the ADV7511 to Xilinx Zynq Boards, please check the same.

https://wiki.analog.com/resources/tools-software/linux-drivers/platforms/zynq

Provide Kudos if post is helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Satish G

G Satish Kumar
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution
Thanks for your reply, and I figured it out. the device node is named /dev/fb0 in the linux, I write images in it successfully.
0 Kudos