UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor greenlean
Visitor

EDK linux_mvl31 empty driver directory

Hi,

I've just start working with Xilinx XUPV2P and linux, and I'm getting some problems.
First of all I'm trying to run Montavista Linux 3.1 on the PowerPC (ppc_0) of the board and
when I click on Generate Libraries and Drivers XPS generate the directory structure and copy the
source of the drivers in libsrc but, it leave the drivers directory empty. 

I don't know where is the error, XPS said:

INFO:MDT - Os linux_mvl31 of processor cpu_ppc405 has bsp compilation set to
   false. BSP compilation ignored ...

I found a simila problem in the forum, hi were told to verify the conection of the peripheral to the bus, but
I'm using the automatic project generated by EDK, and the conection are fine.

I've tryed some format for the TARGET_DIR input on configure software.... but I'really getting mad,
I've googled every where and I didn't find anything, someone with the same problem or the solution???

I forgot: I'm working in XP, and I've Xilinx EDK 9.1 on a partition F: where my WinXP system is instaled. I've Vista on C:,
maybe this configuration is annoying EDK or XPS!!!

Thanks

PD: Maybe I should take some English coursesI, sorry :))

Message Edited by greenlean on 12-04-2007 02:53 AM

Message Edited by greenlean on 12-04-2007 02:53 AM
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: EDK linux_mvl31 empty driver directory

Hi,

Did you check XAPP765?

-XF
0 Kudos
Visitor greenlean
Visitor

Yes, I've done, but I'm gooing to review it maybe I miss some configuration parameter (I don't think so). This tuturial is for linux platform.

A partner told me that problably the error is in the path inserted in TARGET_DIR, he compiled a linux project some time a go.

He told me to try inserting it in linux format, dispite working in WinXP, but I've tryed some formats:

First of all leaving it empty, 
 f:\linux\bsp
 f:/linux/bsp
c:/linux/bsp
bsp

all this inside " "  and ' '(I don't know haw to say ' or " in English)
but I've the same result.

I'm attaching my libgen.log, maybe it could be helpfull...

Thanks for the answer...
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

The second or the thrid format is OK.

Where did you check the generated BSP? It should be in the folder that specified as TARGET_DIR.

-XF
0 Kudos
Visitor greenlean
Visitor

Thanks for beeing pattient, :)

Yes I know what you mean, I checked in the folder inserted in TARGET_DIR.

When I left it blank I try \kernel2_4b\ppc405_0\libsrc\linux_mvl31_v1_01_b\linux\drivers\block
When I wrote f:/XUPV2P/bsb or f:\XUPV2P\bsb, it is supposed to be there, at f:\XUPV2P\bsb

I've tryed as many names that I can't believe that this was the mistake. But this is a very
simple project I only included Ethernet, UARTLITE (9600 and 57600 both speed), SystemACE, and the LEDs I remember, and the RAM of course...

I tested correctly the AppMemory  BootLoop and the peripheral application over PPC.

Message Edited by greenlean on 12-04-2007 04:05 AM
0 Kudos
Visitor greenlean
Visitor

Hi, I've solved the problem (better my partner Jarno made it,  maybe Xilinx could give him a prize ;) ).

Ok  that was my fault, when you are configuring software platform, you must click on OS & Libraries/ Add Peripheral and add them, if you can't see
unless the RS232 driver on the tab in the window, you're in an error.... :(

This stupid mess make me lose more than a day, don't trust the automatic toolss...

Thanks xisofeip, It's impossible to help somebody who doesn't know what is the problem.....
0 Kudos
Visitor ennol
Visitor

I had the same problem - and this solved it. Thanks for sharing your fix! Not everybody does that; and nothings more frustrating than finding twenty people with the same problem but no solution. :/

Best
Enno
0 Kudos
Visitor anvong
Visitor

Yahoooooo! You solve the problem! I stick with this for many days. I work on the 9.1i version.

Here I may add.  As greenlan said, to fix it, go to

1. Software-> Software Plaform Settings... then OS and Libraries.

2. If you see some name of peripheral in connected_periphs line, it's good. Otherwise, double-click on edit... in the Current Value column area. If it's all there, click [Ok] otherwise it doesn't add.

3. You can add to TARGET_DIR a path where you want. But please! put a full path like D:/.... not just /bsp as suggest somewhere on www and NO space in the path.

Make other settings as please and Accept the settings and do Software->Generate Libraries and BSPs. It should work.

Have fun!

Message Edited by anvong on 11-24-2008 06:06 PM
0 Kudos