UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Rebuild Petalinux project

Hi, im trying to rebuild the petalinux project from : 

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18841949/Zynq+UltraScale+MPSoC+Accelerated+Image+Classification+via+Binary+Neural+Network+TechTip

I have the .hdf from the project done and i did the petalinux-config. When i tried to do the petalinux-build i found an error :

petalinux-build
[INFO] building project
[INFO] sourcing bitbake
INFO: bitbake petalinux-user-image
Parsing recipes: 100% |##################################################################| Time: 0:02:16
Parsing of 2552 .bb files complete (0 cached, 2552 parsed). 3441 targets, 139 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.

WARNING: No recipes available for: /home/franco/Downloads/Tutorial_Xilinx_wiki_MOD/aic/src_sw/ultra96-petalinux/project-spec/meta-user/recipes-bsp/device-tree/device-tree-generation.bbappend NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies Initialising tasks: 100% |###############################################################| Time: 0:00:16 Checking sstate mirror object availability: 100% |#######################################| Time: 0:00:06 NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks ERROR: device-tree-xilinx+gitAUTOINC+f38738e568-r0 do_compile: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/franco/Downloads/Tutorial_Xilinx_wiki_MOD/aic/src_sw/ultra96-petalinux/build/tmp/work/plnx_zynqmp-xilinx-linux/device-tree/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+f38738e568-r0/temp/log.do_compile.16546) ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/franco/Downloads/Tutorial_Xilinx_wiki_MOD/aic/src_sw/ultra96-petalinux/build/tmp/work/plnx_zynqmp-xilinx-linux/device-tree/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+f38738e568-r0/temp/log.do_compile.16546 Log data follows: | DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile | /home/franco/Downloads/Tutorial_Xilinx_wiki_MOD/aic/src_sw/ultra96-petalinux/build/../components/plnx_workspace/device-tree/device-tree/system-top.dts:31:28: fatal error: system-user.dtsi: No such file or directory | compilation terminated. | WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command. | ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/franco/Downloads/Tutorial_Xilinx_wiki_MOD/aic/src_sw/ultra96-petalinux/build/tmp/work/plnx_zynqmp-xilinx-linux/device-tree/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+f38738e568-r0/temp/log.do_compile.16546) ERROR: Task (/opt/pkg/petalinux/components/yocto/source/aarch64/layers/meta-xilinx/meta-xilinx-bsp/recipes-bsp/device-tree/device-tree.bb:do_compile) failed with exit code '1' NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 2986 tasks of which 2961 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed. Summary: 1 task failed: /opt/pkg/petalinux/components/yocto/source/aarch64/layers/meta-xilinx/meta-xilinx-bsp/recipes-bsp/device-tree/device-tree.bb:do_compile Summary: There was 1 WARNING message shown. Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code. ERROR: Failed to build project Makefile:6: recipe for target 'build' failed make: *** [build] Error 255

Im using Petalinux 2018 and i think that this project its from Petalinux 2017.3. I dont know if this can be a problem.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Error Rebuild Petalinux project

Hi @francocapraro12,

Could you please try creating project in v2018.x and build instead of v2017.3? 

Regards

kranthi

Best Regards
Kranthi
--------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos

Hi @gudishak .

thats what i did. I used Petalinux 2018.x to create and build using the project of the Link. 

If you see in the link:

6.1 Requirements

• Xilinx Licenses for Vivado 2017.3
• Xilinx Tool Installations for Vivado + Vivado HLS version 2017.3 and Petalinux tool version 2017.3
• SD card with at least 8GB (16GB recommended)

So maybe this can be the problem.

0 Kudos

Hi @francocapraro12,

You can get the tools from below Xilinx portal to build your v2017.3 project,

https://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/embedded-design-tools/archive.html

otherwise please upgrade to v2018.2 for latest one with fixes which might have found in earlier versions.

Regards
Kranthi

Best Regards
Kranthi
0 Kudos