UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant jhon
Participant

How to add/include can-utils in to Petalinux build 2018.2?

I want to build can-utils into Petalinux 2018.2, I find a post to do the same work in a older Peltalinux build:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/How-to-add-include-canutils-in-to-Petalinux-build/td-p/778034

In the post, source code is downloaded from git:

and petalinux-create command is used to create an empty user application, and copy can-utils source code into the folder:

• petalinux-create -t apps --template autoconf --name can-utils --enable

but the folder structure of the user application is diffrent in 2018.2, I'm not familiar with this, and don't know how to configure and make the project.

Could anyone give me some instructions?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: How to add/include can-utils in to Petalinux build 2018.2?

Hi

Petalinux already has can-utils recipe

$ find /opt/petalinux/2018.2/components/yocto/source/aarch64/layers -name 'can-utils*'
/opt/petalinux/2018.2/components/yocto/source/aarch64/layers/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-extended/socketcan/can-utils_git.bb

If you want some modification on it, it's better to write bbappend.

0 Kudos
Participant jhon
Participant

Thank you hokim, I checked my installation and found there are 3 related files: canutils_4.0.6.bb  can-utils_git.bb  libsocketcan_0.0.10.bb

but I still don't know how to integrate them into my project, I can't find any branchs via petalinux-config -c kernel or rootfs. Could you give me some further instructions? I don't need any modifications to the source code.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hi

can-utils_git.bb  fetches source code from https://github.com/linux-can/can-utils/tree/4c8fb05cb4d6ddcd67299008db54af423f86fd05

can-utils is not found in petalinux-config -c rootfs

You can add can-utils to rootfs by creating or modifying petalinux-user-image.bbappend like this

<petalinux-project>/project-spec/meta-user/recipes-core/images/petalinux-user-image.bbappend

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " can-utils-dev"
0 Kudos