Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

How to boot PetaLinux in isolation?

Jump to solution

When I discovered that disconnecting the serial connection from the PS7_UART_0 of my custom Zynq-based system to my computer prevented my PetaLinux 2015.2.1 build from booting, I switched to netconsole for both U-boot and PetaLinux. That succeeded in allowing the system to boot without a serial connection. In both cases, the system booted automatically without my intervention. However, I’ve now discovered that the system won’t boot unless it has an Ethernet connection to my PC (it lights an LED when it boots successfully). I’ll need my system to boot without any connection to other computers.

I’ve defined U-boot’s CONFIG_BOOTDELAY to be -2. I’ve tried defining CONFIG_SILENT_CONSOLE, setting silent_linux, and defining "console=console=\0". I’ve read the manuals, searched this forum, and googled the Internet but found scant little on this topic. How can I configure U-boot and PetaLinux to do this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

I found a way. With U-boot using the serial console and the PetaLinux kernel using the network console, Cardsharp boots from flash (in 15 sec. flat !) with no intervention needed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

I found a way. With U-boot using the serial console and the PetaLinux kernel using the network console, Cardsharp boots from flash (in 15 sec. flat !) with no intervention needed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos