Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

How to disable ethernet at petalinux boot

Hi,

I found AR#59073 which seems to describe what I wish to accomplish (but for petalinux 2013.10): do not start the ethernet controller at boot-up. However in petalinux 2015.2.1 it seems impossible to disable init-ifupdown.

I don't want to use DHCP to get an IP-address and I also don't want all my boards to start up with the same fixed IP-address. I want to set the IP-address at the end of boot-up with a script of my own. The latter is easy, but how to do the first?

Kind regards,

Maarten

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Re: How to disable ethernet at petalinux boot

Argh, and if I manually set CONFIG_ROOTFS_PACKAGES_INIT_IFUPDOWN=n then I also don't get the loopback interface.

Is it really so extraordinary to have several Zynq's running linux in a larger setup?

And does Xilinx really expect all users to either use DHCP or rebuild the rootfs for every machine?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

have you fould a solution for diable ethernet at boot time?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Not really. I usually set an invalid IP address now, but it's not quite the same as having the interface down at startup.

See also http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10456044/what-is-a-good-invalid-ip-address-to-use-for-unit-tests

Highlighted

petalinux-config:
Subsystem AUTO HW Settings:
Ethernet Settings -->
Set it to manual

This may help you.
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

This did not change anything for me. The networking configuration step still takes place on boot.

0 Kudos