UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant diy_a
Participant

How to generate bitstream file(download.bit) from Xilinx SDK 2016.4 ?

I have been trying to generate bitstream file (download.bit) from Program the FPGA window box with the bootloader file.

I cant find any select option to add the bootloader file(.elf) in the software configuration. How to add it ?

BMM/MMI File box is greyed out . how to enable it ?

How to create a Zynq Boot image with bootloader(fsbl.elf),download.bit(bitstream file) and u-boot.elf in Xilinx SDK 2016.4 ?

Hereby I attached the "Program the FPGA" window box i have got.

Help with this...!

Thanks in advance...

Screenshot (1).png
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How to generate bitstream file(download.bit) from Xilinx SDK 2016.4 ?

you can refer complete tutorial from SDK design hub

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation-navigation/design-hubs/dh0015-sdk-hub.html

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_2/ug940-vivado-tutorial-embedded-design.pdf#nameddest=xBuildingAZynq7000ProcessorDesign

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_2/ug898-vivado-embedded-design.pdf

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Participant diy_a
Participant

Re: How to add bitstream file with bootloader file(fsbl.elf) to PROGRAM THE FPGA in Xilinx SDK 2016.4 ?

I have already generated the bitstream file. But i would like to know how to add the bootloader file ( fsbl.elf ) along with the bit-stream file to program the FPGA.

As there is no SELECT option to add the boot loader file in the software configuration Menu. 

NOTE : I am using Xilinx SDK 2016.4 Version

0 Kudos
Participant diy_a
Participant

Re: How to add bitstream file with bootloader file(fsbl.elf) to PROGRAM THE FPGA in Xilinx SDK 2016.4 ?

Hi,

There is no option to add bootloader file. Have a look at the image i have attached in the post. There is no SELECT or ADD option in software configuration menu to add bootloader file( fsbl.elf) in the PROGRAM THE FPGA window box .

Have a look at the 1st image i have got from Xilinx forum. There it shows the bootloader file in the software configuration menu.

Now see the 2nd image i have got from my SDK.  There is no option to add the bootloader file in PROGRAM THE FPGA window box under software configuration menu.

thank you.

Screenshot (2).png
Screenshot (1).png
0 Kudos