UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer manikumar086
Observer

I2C bus not detecting in U-Boot

Hi,

Need help on I2C bus detection in U-Boot.

My Hardware details : K7 FPGA with Microblaze with basic interfaces (ddr, uart, flash) and 2 I2C buses

U-Boot version : 2014.01

Able to compile and run U-Boot on microblaze but while trying to access I2C bus facing an issue as below and MicroBlaze is getting hanged :

"Error, wrong i2c adapter 0 max 0 possible"

above line is printing from "i2c_set_bus_num()" of "drivers/i2c/i2c_core.c".

Any suggestions why is this issue occuring and how to fix it?

-Thanks

Attached the xparameters.h, microblaze-generic.h, System.map file which has entries of I2C details too.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: I2C bus not detecting in U-Boot

Hi,

Did you enable the I2C in the kernel configuration?

Please refer to details in the link.
http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Linux+I2C+Driver

Regards,
Achutha
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer manikumar086
Observer

Hi

Thank you for your reply.

The link provided by you is for Linux but requirement is to access I2C from U-Boot.

-Thanks

0 Kudos
Scholar norman_wong
Scholar

No experience with the Microblze. A guess. From looking at the u-boot and linux source, u-boot does not have i2c adapter code for the Microblaze i2c. On the linux side, it is i2c-xiix.c. You will have to port the linux version or the bare metal code from the SDK.

0 Kudos