UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer senkoo
Observer

Kernel doesn't boot if i include my apps

Jump to solution

a

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer senkoo
Observer

Re: Kernel doesn't boot if i include my apps

Jump to solution

Hey @aaron_b1,

thank you for all your help. In the end removing the ${S} was correct. The problem was that I compiled the app with an older Petalinux compiler version (2014.2). 

Best regards,

Senna

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

You mention three problems, and it is unclear which ones you are still having:  1) failure to build, 2) failure to boot, and 3) once you build and boot, the executable is there but you are unable to run it.

Could you please restate the problem(s) you would like help with, this time with logs showing the exact error?

Incidentally, your BB file looks fine, and looks identical to others I've seen.

0 Kudos
Observer senkoo
Observer

Jump to solution

Sorry had to remove this..

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Not being an expert, I confess to being confused as to the method of booting you are showing.  You show a bunch of "sf writes", which according to what docs I can find, are for writing FROM memory INTO flash... but I never see you put anything into that memory.  In other words, what are you writing into the flash before you boot?  

[What this output log looks like is that you wrote uninitialized memory into the flash, then tried to boot from it that data.  But maybe I missed something (like reading the boot image from a tftp or sd card)]

In any case, assuming you've got your procedures correct, but seeing how you might typically boot, what you describe sounds like:  when you DON'T install your application into the boot kernel, everything works fine.  When you DO install it, it might change the kernel size.  I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you forgot to change the size in your "sf" command that copies the boot image?  If you use the old size, perhaps you don't copy the whole image, and perhaps it fails a consistency check by the boot loader.

0 Kudos
Observer senkoo
Observer

Jump to solution

Hey @aaron_b1,

thank you for all your help. In the end removing the ${S} was correct. The problem was that I compiled the app with an older Petalinux compiler version (2014.2). 

Best regards,

Senna

0 Kudos