UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor ninode
Visitor

Led blink in Zedboard

Hello, 

Can anyone please provide an example or tutorial for blinking LED on a Zedboard. 

I'm a newbie and having some trouble with figuring out which LED or gpio address to use on a zedboard.

I have seen some ZC706 example but the address isn't the same for a Zedboard. 

I appreciate the help. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Visitor ninode
Visitor

Re: Led blink in Zedboard

Hi @florentw, Do you mind helping me with this (as you always answer my questions perfectly). 

0 Kudos
Scholar austin
Scholar

Type: blink led on zedboard

in a Google search.  There are 13,400 answers. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjNxqfipsrVAhVhqFQKHdrUCEsQtwIIQTAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D8i8GLF-Md3U&usg=AFQjCNFiYeInpLjMUq9_6GLw6Ae9XMgUIQ

is a youtube video.

It doesn't get any easier than this:  search, read, listen, watch, do, learn.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
Visitor ninode
Visitor

Hi @austin, I have searched and found results for other boards including the video tutorial you've provided. It's for ZC702 and not zedboard. 

0 Kudos
Scholar austin
Scholar

n,

They all use the same Zynq device.  I suggest when you understand even one example, you will be able to do the Zedboard one.  As an adjunct professor myself, I know my students may cheat, by finding an online already worked example.  My labs are carefully chosen each class so the student must at least solve it themselves (not copy it).  So I google first and modify the task so there is no exact solution that may be merely copied and submitted.

But it is perfectly OK to find a solution for another board, and modify it and test it, so it works on the new target.  That requires you actually understand what you are doing.  So to learn, you must do.  To do, you must understand.  To understand you must read.  I would start with the Zedbook, if you have a Zedboard -- start at page 1, and read to the end.  Work all examples, problems, etc.  And before that, learn an understand VHDL or verilog, c programming as well (prerequisites for any SoC work).

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose