cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Linux 2.6.32 and Spartan-6 Connectivity Kit

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I'm trying to get up and running my new Connectivity Kit on a small Intel Atom. 

First, Fedora 10 fails to boot with the integrated Intel graphic card, so I have build and test the drivers in text mode. For a first look, the Ethernet things works well.

Due to the faild Fedora 10 I installed a Debian based Distro with Kernel 2.6.32 which can handle the graphic chip correctly.

But with the delivered kernel 2.6.32 the compilation of the drivers fail:

make -C xdma                                               
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ingo/ug665/s6_pcie_dma_ddr3_gbe/driver/xdma'
make  -C /lib/modules/2.6.32-2.slh.4-sidux-686/build SUBDIRS=/home/ingo/ug665/s6_pcie_dma_ddr3_gbe/driver/xdma
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-2.slh.4-sidux-686'                                 
  Building modules, stage 2.                                                                                  
  MODPOST 1 modules                                                                                           
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-2.slh.4-sidux-686'                                  
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ingo/ug665/s6_pcie_dma_ddr3_gbe/driver/xdma'                                
make -C xgbeth                                                                                                
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ingo/ug665/s6_pcie_dma_ddr3_gbe/driver/xgbeth'                             
make  -C /lib/modules/2.6.32-2.slh.4-sidux-686/build SUBDIRS=/home/ingo/ug665/s6_pcie_dma_ddr3_gbe/driver/xgbeth
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-2.slh.4-sidux-686'                                   
  CC [M]  /home/ingo/ug665/s6_pcie_dma_ddr3_gbe/driver/xgbeth/adapter.o                                         
/home/ingo/ug665/s6_pcie_dma_ddr3_gbe/driver/xgbeth/adapter.c: In function ‘renegotiate_speed’:                 
/home/ingo/ug665/s6_pcie_dma_ddr3_gbe/driver/xgbeth/adapter.c:602: error: ‘struct net_device’ has no member named ‘priv’
/home/ingo/ug665/s6_pcie_dma_ddr3_gbe/driver/xgbeth/adapter.c: In function ‘reset’:                                    
/home/ingo/ug665/s6_pcie_dma_ddr3_gbe/driver/xgbeth/adapter.c:825: error: ‘struct net_device’ has no member named ‘priv’
/home/ingo/ug665/s6_pcie_dma_ddr3_gbe/driver/xgbeth/adapter.c: In function ‘get_phy_status’:                           
/home/ingo/ug665/s6_pcie_dma_ddr3_gbe/driver/xgbeth/adapter.c:893: error: ‘struct net_device’ has no member named ‘priv’
/home/ingo/ug665/s6_pcie_dma_ddr3_gbe/driver/xgbeth/adapter.c: In function ‘poll_gmii’:                                
/home/ingo/ug665/s6_pcie_dma_ddr3_gbe/driver/xgbeth/adapter.c:920: error: ‘struct net_device’ has no member named ‘priv’
/home/ingo/ug665/s6_pcie_dma_ddr3_gbe/driver/xgbeth/adapter.c: In function ‘xenet_set_multicast_list’:                 
/home/ingo/ug665/s6_pcie_dma_ddr3_gbe/driver/xgbeth/adapter.c:975: error: ‘struct net_device’ has no member named ‘priv’
[snip]

My next attemp was switching to Kernel 2.6.28 but that failes at insmod time with unresolved symbols but compilation is ok.

Any sugestions?

Best Regards,

Ingo

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but this doesn't appear to be an Embedded Linux question.

It seems like your trying to get a Linux host up and running, and this forum won't help much in that area.

You may want to move it to a different forum.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but this doesn't appear to be an Embedded Linux question.

It seems like your trying to get a Linux host up and running, and this forum won't help much in that area.

You may want to move it to a different forum.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos