Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Linux 2.6 without or with MMU for Spartan 3E-500 Starter Board

Hi,

I built my system on XPS to below Linux 2.6 without or with MMU on Spartan 3E-500 Starter Board. But, I don't know how begin with this implementation. I find some information on web (Petalinux Site), but with there information I don't know what procedure I must take to buitd my kernel linux.

This is, I have some difficulty:

(a) Petalinux give me a window where I can configure my Linux, but this situation is static. Can you give some help how can built a new Linux 2.6 without or with MMU with base on Petalinux!?... A little user guide it would help me!... :)

(b) Petalinux imply that I should use EDK on Linux environment or optionally use a virtual machine or a linux server. I am using a linux server, but on Petalinux site give me low information about this. Can you give some help How can I build an linux aplication and apply it on EDK on windows environment (I am using EDK 10.1)!?...

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Re: Linux 2.6 without or with MMU for Spartan 3E-500 Starter Board

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

First, PetaLinux is uCLinux, not standard Linux.

Secondly, the current stable version of PetaLinux(v0.30_rc1) seems to be the one doesn't support MMU. 

The trail version which has MMU support can be found at http://developer.petalogix.com/wiki/MicroBlazeMMU

Thirdly, to run EDK in Windows and Kernal compile in Linux Server, you can copy the entire EDK directory(after libgen) to Linux directory (such as hardware/user-platform directory) and run petalinux-auto-config.

After the bin file has been generated, copy it back to Windows and download it through XMD:

dow -data image.bin 0xXXXXXXXX

con 0xXXXXXXXX

where 0xXXXXXXX is your DDR Memory address. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hello,

At first, I am trying to implement Linux 2.4 without MMU, with you steps, but I don't get obtain serial communication. I configure hyper terminal with the required, but I don't see anything on console window! Can you give me some help with this!?...

Another thing: when you said that I must run petalinux-auto-config, you trying to say I must do make menuconfig, right!?

I don´t understand this!!! I download image.bin, but this thing don't appears on hyper terminal console...

Thanks

0 Kudos