UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Linux application not running on Target device ( zc702 ) giving error no such file and directory

Accepted Solution Solved
Observer
Accepted Solution

Linux application not running on Target device ( zc702 ) giving error no such file and directory

I followed all the instructions of ug1165 to run the linux application (LED blinking with IP) on my zynq 702 board, I copied all elf files to Apps folder and changed the permission too but still I am unable to get the output, I can't figure out where I made the mistake.

Please provide me some helpful resource and guidance.

I attached screen shot of error I'm getting.

linux_app_error_sc.png

Accepted Solutions
Visitor

Re: Linux application not running on Target device ( zc702 ) giving error no such file and directory

Choose "Xilinx ARM v7 GNU/Linux Toolchain" as the current toolchain in C/C++ Build > Tool Chain Editor under project properties in SDK. It will be Xilinx ARM GNU/Linux Toolchain by default. Build the project again, copy the binaries and try again.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Observer

Re: Linux application not running on Target device ( zc702 ) giving error no such file and directory

i am also facing same problem  

Explorer

what does the readelf command produce?  It should look like the below.  It's possible you are not targeting the correct cross compiler.

# readelf -h linux_blinkled_app.elf

ELF Header:
  Magic:   7f 45 4c 46 01 01 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 
  Class:                             ELF32
  Data:                              2's complement, little endian
  Version:                           1 (current)
  OS/ABI:                            UNIX - System V
  ABI Version:                       0
  Type:                              EXEC (Executable file)
  Machine:                           ARM
  Version:                           0x1
  Entry point address:               0x833c
  Start of program headers:          52 (bytes into file)
  Start of section headers:          4536 (bytes into file)
  Flags:                             0x5000202, has entry point, Version5 EABI, soft-float ABI
  Size of this header:               52 (bytes)
  Size of program headers:           32 (bytes)
  Number of program headers:         9
  Size of section headers:           40 (bytes)
  Number of section headers:         30
  Section header string table index: 27
Visitor

Choose "Xilinx ARM v7 GNU/Linux Toolchain" as the current toolchain in C/C++ Build > Tool Chain Editor under project properties in SDK. It will be Xilinx ARM GNU/Linux Toolchain by default. Build the project again, copy the binaries and try again.

Observer

Thanks! It worked but in my case I had to change "Xilinx ARM v7 GNU/Linux Toolchain" (default) to Xilinx ARM GNU/Linux . : )