UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer hu_kang
Observer

Looking for a ready to use ubuntu 16.04 desktop image/rootfs on Zynq ultrascale+ with display

Hi,

Does anyone succeeded to run ubuntu desktop 16.04 or higher on zynq ultrascale+ yet?

I have succeeded running ubuntu from the tutorial  Zynq+UltraScale+MPSoC+Ubuntu+part+2+-+Building+and+Running+the+Ubuntu+Desktop+From+Sources, the ubuntu release is  15.04, but we need 16.04.

I tried to install the ubuntu 16.04 arm64 base cd image, by now I had successfully booted into a ubuntu 16.04 base image from cdimage.ubuntu.com and have issues with the desktop gui environment. I edited the rootfs with chroot and qemu-aarch64 similiar as building-ubuntu-rootfs-for-arm . Installed a lot packages including ubuntu-desktop in tty console, but there are a lot issues going on, and not easy to deal with. the kernel is from the above xilinx tutorial, versioned "4.14.0-xilinx-v2018.1'.

The Desktop won't launch due to some "G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION (connection) failed " error if I try to run

$unity

or

$startxfce4

I took a look at the image in Ubuntu_Desktop_Release_2018_1.zip from the tutorial and saw that there are xilinx specific launch procedures including some driver insertion and environmental setup, I figured that there must be a lot of other xilinx stuff going on in that Release.

So does there exist a ready to use 16.04 xilinx ubuntu release ?

If so, does anyone know where to find it ?

Does the ubuntu_desktop_release mentioned above release regularly or is it just a demo?

if 16.04 xilinx ubuntu does not exit, then is there some tutorial that introduce the ubuntu/linux desktop migration/launch guide?

Thanks !

Regards,
Kang
0 Kudos