Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

MPSOC PS SPI not working with Petalinux

Hi everybody,

I've been trying to make my ZCU102 talk with an external ADC/DAC board throught SPI in Linux and it's totally not working. Everything works fine when I run simple software barebone through the SDK, but when I boot Linux the spi device isn't figuring in the rootfs.

root@icu_linux:~# ls /sys/class/spi_master/

spi0

The spi0 is the QSPI device available at 0xff0f0000, but there is no node for the spi1@0xff040000.

I have exported the hdf and bit files, and used them to configure petalinux, I've got the Cadence and Xilinx SPI drivers included in the kernel config.

I'm attaching the dmesg log (boot.log) which shows that the cdns-spi at 0xff040000 (that's the spi address) is having some problems with the PM domain (?). I've also attached a readable device tree generated from the system.dtb file.

Any help is greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Hi

If you disable CONFIG_PM, is it working for you?

Best Regards

Shabbir

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Shabbir,

Disabling the power manager did help. I can now see the SPI device in rootfs and I'm able to attach a devspi driver to it. Do you have any idea what might be causing the problem with the PM?

Thanks,

Jurek

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Jurek,

I am trying to do the exact same thing that you are.  Specifically, I have a ZCU102 board and I am trying to talk to an ADC, which is connected to the ZCU102 board through one of the FMC connectors.  By which method are you communicating with the external ADC?  Are you using the spidev driver and communicate with the ADC using IOCTLs?  Or are you using a different method?

I would appreciate your comments.

Thanks,

Pawel

0 Kudos