Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Microzed xc7z020 unable to see prints on UART1

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am trying to boot petalinux on Microzed xc7z020 board through SD card. I have petalinux version 2018.3 and Vivado version 2018.3. I have generated hdf file through vivado enabling UART0, SD0, ENET0 and QSPI. I have configured with "petalinux-config --get-hw-description" following the userguide for SD card boot. I have built the project successfully and copied files to SD card. When I try to boot the board I see the red LED D3 glow and then stop. But I don't see anything on UART through Teraterm, I have set the correct Baud rate.

Previously, I had done the same for Microzed xc7z010 board so I had the hdf file for that. I made a new petalinux project and built it with importing xc7z010 hdf file and making same configuration with "petalinux-config --get-hw-description" as xc7z020. The xc7z020 is booting with this image and I am able to see the prints on UART.

While making the Vivado project for xc7z020 I have tried to make the MIO configurations same as xc7z010, except in xc7z010 UART 0 was also enabled. Apart from this change I have tried to keep the zynq_PS_7 configuration same as xc7z010.I am unable to understand where I went wrong.

I have attached device tree and hdf files for both 7010 and 7020.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

The problem was that the bitstream was unable to load because of wrong DDR configuration. After downloading board definition files from Avnet and using "Run Block automation" option in vivado after adding the PS7 block the setup is working now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

The problem was that the bitstream was unable to load because of wrong DDR configuration. After downloading board definition files from Avnet and using "Run Block automation" option in vivado after adding the PS7 block the setup is working now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos