UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer trungnguyen
Observer

Mismatch between HDL configuration (running on Vivado 2017.2) and device tree generated by pentalinux 2017.2

Jump to solution

Hi all, 

I have some questions regarding mismatch between device tree (generated by pentalinux 2017.2) and configuration in HDL.

For example

SPI0 and SPI1 should have num-cs = 3 since I enabled SS[0], SS[1], SS[2]. However, device tree pws.dtsi shows num-cs = 1

Or, number of GPIO should be 64, but it just recognizes only 32 pins. 

Our platform ZCU102  (I tried all versions -i-es2, -e, and -i, but there was no difference)

Our tool Vivado 2017.2, Pentalinux 2017.2

Do you have any clue on that problem? Why does it has such mismatch?

Thank you and best regards,
Trung Nguyen

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer trungnguyen
Observer

Re: Mismatch between HDL configuration (running on Vivado 2017.2) and device tree generated by pentalinux 2017.2

Jump to solution

Dear stephenm and juergen,

I did all things that you mentioned. The final device tree still had wrong information.

Luckily, I found a way to work around. I generated hdf with v2017.4 and used petalinux 2017.4 to build kernel. Everything worked as expectation. To make it work in v2017.2, I just need to modify device tree as the one generated in v2017.4. Our system can boot now.

Best Regards,
Trung Nguyen

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Mismatch between HDL configuration (running on Vivado 2017.2) and device tree generated by pentalinux 2017.2

Jump to solution

pws.dtsi is only a device tree fragment generated during petalinux-build.

try to decompress your final device thee, located in projectdir/images/linux*.dtb

and convert it with device tree compiler into  human readable .dts

verfiy in there whether your problem persists

B)did you enable both channels in vivado? set it correctly there? usually it gets exported correctly

you can try to completely rebuild your petalinux project with petalinux-build -x mrproper and then petalinux-build again

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
The devicetree generator uses the cell port properties in the HDF to populate the devicetree nodes. Can you verify that these are correct in your vivado ipi design? For example, highlight the IP cell and view the cell properties and make sure that the properties are updated here. These properties are auto-populated when you validate, or generate output products.

Devicetree nodes can be updated in the system-user.dts file in the devicetree recipe in petalinux project.
0 Kudos
Observer trungnguyen
Observer

Jump to solution

Dear stephenm and juergen,

I did all things that you mentioned. The final device tree still had wrong information.

Luckily, I found a way to work around. I generated hdf with v2017.4 and used petalinux 2017.4 to build kernel. Everything worked as expectation. To make it work in v2017.2, I just need to modify device tree as the one generated in v2017.4. Our system can boot now.

Best Regards,
Trung Nguyen

0 Kudos