UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

More DMA device tree generation issues in petalinux 2018.2

Hi,

I have a similar issue as the one mentioned here https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/2018-2-PL-device-tree-generator-syntax-error/m-p/902595. I have a applied the patch mentioned which got me past the first dma block entry in my device tree, however I now have an error in a subsequent block.

This error is slightly different though, it is the last clock entry that has the syntax error rather than the third one.

proc_1_dma: dma@80005000 {
			#dma-cells = <1>;
			clock-names = "s_axi_lite_aclk", "m_axi_sg_aclk", "m_axi_mm2s_aclk", "m_axi_s2mm_aclk";
			clocks = <&misc_clk_1>, <&misc_clk_1>, <&misc_clk_0>, <&>;
			compatible = "xlnx,axi-dma-1.00.a";
			interrupt-names = "s2mm_introut";
			interrupt-parent = <&gic>;
			interrupts = <0 89 4>;

The difference is that the dma block that generates correctly with the patch has scatter gather enabled, whereas the ones that fail don't.

In Petalinux 2017.4 all of the dma entries only have three clock entries, the mm2s entry is not present, I assume this is because this capability is disabled in the core for my design.

It therefore seems that the patch only works for a specific configuration of the dma block, is there a way of fixing it more generally, or tweaking the patch to work for other configurations?

Will this issue be fully fixed in 2018.3?

Thanks,
Mark

0 Kudos