cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sks

Need to add libzip in 2018.3 petalinux

Jump to solution

I need to build libzip from petalinux, have selected right configuration/zip. I have selected zip.dbg, zip.dev and zip in rootfs config and have downloaded libzip-1.8.0.tar.gz in the downloads area, but petalinux neither use my libzip or throw any error. Can someone please let me know how to add and compile this library ? For some reason petalinux downloads zip30.tar.gz in Boot project.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rfs613
Scholar
Scholar

The 'zip' in rootfs config adds the commandline tool "zip", rather than the library.  You don't need the zip.dev (which normally contains header files) or the zip.dbg (which contains debug symbols for use with gdb). This is also why it download zip30.tar.gz.

The library (libzip) is a different recipe. I don't have 2018.3 to confirm, but looking at 2019.2, it seems the recipe is not included for some reason. You can refer to the upstream project for an example of how it can be added: https://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/tree/meta-oe/recipes-extended/libzip/libzip_1.6.1.bb?h=dunfell (note this is for yocto 3.1 "dunfell", it probably needs some tweaking to match up with petalinux 2018.3 which is based on yocto 2.4 "rocky").

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rfs613
Scholar
Scholar

The 'zip' in rootfs config adds the commandline tool "zip", rather than the library.  You don't need the zip.dev (which normally contains header files) or the zip.dbg (which contains debug symbols for use with gdb). This is also why it download zip30.tar.gz.

The library (libzip) is a different recipe. I don't have 2018.3 to confirm, but looking at 2019.2, it seems the recipe is not included for some reason. You can refer to the upstream project for an example of how it can be added: https://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/tree/meta-oe/recipes-extended/libzip/libzip_1.6.1.bb?h=dunfell (note this is for yocto 3.1 "dunfell", it probably needs some tweaking to match up with petalinux 2018.3 which is based on yocto 2.4 "rocky").

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
sks

Thanks, that was very helpful and can compile the libzip in 2018.3 sdk.

0 Kudos