UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant tmonaghan84
Participant

PetaLinux Export License

I have been looking to use the PetaLinux for a UAV Project , however as I understand PetaLinux is based on the Yocto Project, and this has an export restriction for UAV applications;

https://www.yoctoproject.org/software-overview/export-compliance/

Does PetaLinux require the user to agree to the Yocto project Export License?

Thanks

Tim

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Participant tmonaghan84
Participant

Re: PetaLinux Export License

For others looking at this;

PetaLinux is built upon Yocto so you cannot use PetaLinux without invoking Yocto code, so you are required to accept the Yocto License and export restrictions.

The restrictions on Yocto excluding UAV or missile end use, Comes from the TSU exception for which Yocto is classified under to allow easy Export without license.

You can use Yocto on a UAV or Missile but require an Export license to Export it from the USA to own country, then additional licenses if this product/information is exported to customers / suppliers in other countries.

I am not a lawyer please seek legal and export compliance advise for you own project.