UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor slucas
Visitor

PetaLinux exec app immediately after login

I am running PetaLinux 2015.4 on the Zynq zc702. I have implimented HDMI support based on the targeted reference design, and the first thing to appear on the monitor is the login prompt. What I want to do is immediately execute a built-in app following the user login on the HDMI terminal. I have read the documentation on autorun apps, but nothing which executes after login, only before; and I have not seen a way to specifically execute an app from a script on the HDMI output as opposed to the default serial console PS0. Is this possible?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Scholar jmcclusk
Scholar

Re: PetaLinux exec app immediately after login

Assuming that your login user is configured to use the bash shell, you can launch an arbitrary application at the end of the .bashrc file.

Don't forget to close a thread when possible by accepting a post as a solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor slucas
Visitor

Just tried that and it executed before the login prompt, not after login. I need this program to automatically run following a successful login. Can that be done?

0 Kudos
Newbie emmasmith

@slucas wrote:

I am running PetaLinux 2015.4 on the Zynq zc702. I have implimented HDMI support based on the targeted reference design, and the first thing to appear on the monitor is the login prompt. What I want to do is immediately execute a built-in app following the user login on the HDMI terminal. I have read the documentation on autorun apps, but nothing which executes after login, only before; and I have not seen a way to specifically execute an app from a script on the HDMI output as opposed to the default serial console PS0. Is this possible?

Am facing the same problem. Hope anyone here can help me too. Thanks in advance. Regards,

0 Kudos