UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor godasj
Visitor

Petalinux 2017.1: Problems with petalinux-config hw description import

Jump to solution

Hi

I'm using Vivado and Petalinux 2017.1 in Ubuntu 16.04 and I am having some problems when importing the hardware description from Vivado into my Petalinux project. Once I have applied the hw description my config no longer has the option to modify the "Advanced bootable images storage settings". Is there something missing in my hardware design?

I am following the steps as described in the Petalinux tools reference guide (UG1144 (v2017.1) April 5, 2017):

0 - Created design in Vivado, tested in bare machine mode and it works. Exported hdf and bitstream.

1 - created new Petalinux project as described in the reference guide:

$ petalinux-create -t project --name software --template zynq

2- cd to hardware description location and import the hardware description:

$ petalinux-config --get-hw-description -p <path to project>

3 - when the menuconfig interface opens, set the  CONFIG_SUBSYSTEM_MACHINE_NAME to zedboard, as described in the 'tip' in the reference guide.

4 - I can't see the config option "Advanced bootable images storage settings", even if I let the config process complete and re-run petalinux-config. See the attached screengrab.

Have I missed something in my hardware design or a step in my Petalinux setup?

Any help gratefully received....

config.JPG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor godasj
Visitor

Re: Petalinux 2017.1: Problems with petalinux-config hw description import

Jump to solution

I think I have spotted some configuration issues with the PS in my design which could be causing this behaviour.....will investigate further.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to read the posting.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Visitor godasj
Visitor

Re: Petalinux 2017.1: Problems with petalinux-config hw description import

Jump to solution

I think I have spotted some configuration issues with the PS in my design which could be causing this behaviour.....will investigate further.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to read the posting.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos