UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor iainhunter
Visitor

Petalinux 2017.2 build failure on docker

Hi,

I originally posted this on zedboard.org but was advised to try this forum instead.

I am seeing a build error with go-native when I add docker to uz3eg_iocc_2017_2 project. The GO internal variable WORK does not seem to be being set. I am using petalinux 2017.2.
Error can be reproduced with following command

iain@iain-Precision-WorkStation-T3500:~/Desktop/work/XXXX/ultrazed-XXXX/petalinux/projects/uz3eg_iocc_2017_2$ petalinux-build -c go-native -x compile
[INFO] building go-native
[INFO] sourcing bitbake
INFO: bitbake go-native -c compile
Loading cache: 100% |########################################################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:00
Loaded 3235 entries from dependency cache.
Parsing recipes: 100% |######################################################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:03
Parsing of 2448 .bb files complete (2414 cached, 34 parsed). 3238 targets, 224 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
Initialising tasks: 100% |###################################################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:01
NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks
NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks
ERROR: go-native-1.4.3-r0 do_compile: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/iain/Desktop/work/XXXX/ultrazed-XXXX/petalinux/projects/uz3eg_iocc_2017_2/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/go-native/1.4.3-r0/temp/log.do_compile.17991)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/iain/Desktop/work/XXXX/ultrazed-XXXX/petalinux/projects/uz3eg_iocc_2017_2/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/go-native/1.4.3-r0/temp/log.do_compile.17991
Log data follows:
| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile
| # Building C bootstrap tool.
| cmd/dist
|
| # Building compilers and Go bootstrap tool for host, linux/amd64.
| ./cmd/dist/dist bootstrap -a  -v
| lib9
| gcc -isystem/home/iain/Desktop/work/XXXX/ultrazed-XXXX/petalinux/projects/uz3eg_iocc_2017_2/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/include -O2 -pipe -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wextra -Wunused -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-missing-braces -Wno-parentheses -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wno-switch -Wno-comment -Wno-missing-field-initializers -fno-common -ggdb -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -c -m64 -I /home/iain/Desktop/work/XXXX/ultrazed-XXXX/petalinux/projects/uz3eg_iocc_2017_2/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/go-native/1.4.3-r0/go/include -DPLAN9PORT -I /home/iain/Desktop/work/XXXX/ultrazed-XXXX/petalinux/projects/uz3eg_iocc_2017_2/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/go-native/1.4.3-r0/go/src/lib9 -o $WORK/_exits.o /home/iain/Desktop/work/XXXX/ultrazed-XXXX/petalinux/projects/uz3eg_iocc_2017_2/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/go-native/1.4.3-r0/go/src/lib9/_exits.c
| exec gcc: No such file or directory

The problem is that it is trying to set the output object file to be at $WORK/_exits.o
If I cut and paste the command line shown and replace $WORK by a valid path such as the build-tmp created by the go-native.inc yocto file then it works.
However, exporting WORK=$TMPDIR in go-native.inc does not help.
Does anyone have a solution?
Thanks, Iain

0 Kudos