UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Petalinux 2017.4 could not find the device-tree

Hi All:

I am a new users of Petalinux 2017.4, I just used the usual command to do the --get-hw-description as in the previous version of Petalinux 2015.2 to 2016.4  However, I couldn't find the system-top.dtsi or other device tree after the

petalinux-config --get-hw-description=<path to hdf file> command is finished.  

I am wondering if there is a new step to run, or I just have problem finding the devicetree ?

Thanks,

CK

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Petalinux 2017.4 could not find the device-tree

Hi

From 2017.1, instead of system-top.dts, we have added system-user.dtsi to make user modifications.

Refer Page 74 of this UG guide:-https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_1/ug1144-petalinux-tools-reference-guide.pdf

Best Regards

Shabbir

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Petalinux 2017.4 could not find the device-tree

Thank  you Shabbir:

However, I have just found out that after I run petalinux-config --get-hw-description, I could not find any device tree. There may be some problem of compiling FSBL. As I see some error message on that.

I will start reading through p.74 and the related document now. 

Thanks,

CK

0 Kudos