UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Petalinux 2018.2 openCV simple build app error.

I am new to petalinux, I am compiling simple code for testing opencv,

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <termios.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <stdarg.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

#include <opencv/cv.hpp>
#include <opencv/highgui.hpp>
using namespace std;

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
	cout << "ok compiling OPENCV (oh my good!!!) yes yes yes \n";
	cout << "cmdline args:\n";
	while(argc--)
		cout << *argv++ << endl;

return 0;
}

It is the error:

Loading cache: 100% |########################| Time: 0:00:03
Loaded 3427 entries from dependency cache.
Parsing recipes: 100% |##################| Time: 0:00:20
Parsing of 2553 .bb files complete (2518 cached, 35 parsed). 3426 targets, 147 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
Initialising tasks: ########################| Time: 0:00:39
Checking sstate mirror object availability: 100% |###############################| Time: 0:00:43
NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks
NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks

ERROR: vocalizer-1.0-r0 do_configure: oe_runmake failed
ERROR: vocalizer-1.0-r0 do_configure: Function failed: do_configure (log file is located at /opt/pkg/projetos/xilinx-zc702-2018.2/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/vocalizer/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_configure.17554)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /opt/pkg/projetos/xilinx-zc702-2018.2/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/vocalizer/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_configure.17554
Log data follows:

| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_configure
| NOTE: make clean
| make: *** No rule to make target 'clean'.  Stop.
| ERROR: oe_runmake failed
| WARNING: /opt/pkg/projetos/xilinx-zc702-2018.2/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/vocalizer/1.0-r0/temp/run.do_configure.17554:1 exit 1 from 'exit 1'
| ERROR: Function failed: do_configure (log file is located at /opt/pkg/projetos/xilinx-zc702-2018.2/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/vocalizer/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_configure.17554)
ERROR: Task (/opt/pkg/projetos/xilinx-zc702-2018.2/project-spec/meta-user/recipes-apps/vocalizer/vocalizer.bb:do_configure) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 4850 tasks of which 4842 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Summary: 1 task failed:
  /opt/pkg/projetos/xilinx-zc702-2018.2/project-spec/meta-user/recipes-apps/vocalizer/vocalizer.bb:do_configure
Summary: There were 2 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.
ERROR: Failed to build project
edjin@edjin:/opt/pkg/projetos/xilinx-zc702-2018.2$ 

I get these error messages, what can it be?

I'm using petalinux 2018.02 and QEMU simulation

Thanks for any reply !!!

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: Petalinux 2018.2 openCV simple build app error.

Hi @edjin_petalinux,

I have attached the sample recipes to build opencv application. Basically you need to wire up the recipes with build dependencies.

Thanks,
Sandeep
PetaLinux Yocto | Embedded SW Support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to Reply, Kudo, and Accept as Solution.
Adventurer
Adventurer

hi @sandeepg

I have couple of questions with your code.

1. how did you fix above code? can you provide some tutorial to learn about that? when I just copy your code and in to a c++ project which has different name it didnt build. but when I created a c++ project with exact name "rotateimage" and copied the all files you have provide here it build well. are there any especial procedure to create c++ project which is going to use opencv libraries? I am using petalinux 2018.2

2. I am using zedboard. if I am going to implement your code in zedboard do I have to cross compile Qt for get a output from HDMI or VGA?

3. how can I include a sample image to usr/bin(this is the location of rotateimage code after the build process) when I build petalinux?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hi

Petalinux is based on Yocto

I recommend you study how to write yocto recipe in details

http://book.yoctoprojectbook.com/page/code-chapter-8

0 Kudos

Hi @1ymw1,

1. Refer Yocto Project docs https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#new-recipe-writing-a-new-recipe https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.8/bitbake-user-manual/bitbake-user-manual.html

2. Not really unless you use Qt plugins for OpenCV. Just framebuffer or X11 server should be enough. I used ZCU102 with DisplayPort.

3. You can use recipe to copy the binary to ${bindir}(rootfs/usr/bin) or you can use ROOTFS Post process commands just to just copy a binary to ${bindir}

Thanks,
Sandeep
PetaLinux Yocto | Embedded SW Support

Don’t forget to Reply, Kudo, and Accept as Solution.
Adventurer
Adventurer

hi @sandeepg Thank you so much for the reply .

I found xilinx tutorial for  framebuffer in zynq ultra scale socs. But I am using zedboard. can you tell me how to get a vga or hdmi output from zedboard?

0 Kudos