UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Petalinux 2018.3 ZCU102 Losing Ethernet packet on simple ping

Jump to solution

Hi all,

Since my upgrade from 2017.4 to 2018.3, I observe Ethernet packet losses doing a simple ping test from the petalinux CLI, which prevents me from performing a debugging session using TCF agent in SDK and also transfer my waveform using DMA. Everything get disconnected. I thought it was maybe my network but switching to my bare-metal app, which use LwIP stack, everything works fine. The waveform is transferred and outputted to my DAC and the ping test never miss a packet.

The similar desing worked under petalinux 2017.4. I am booting from SD card and no bitstream is loaded for the moment.

Anyone experienced such an issue in 2018.x?

Regards,

JB

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Petalinux 2018.3 ZCU102 Losing Ethernet packet on simple ping

Jump to solution

Well, it seems to be related to my router settings or the local network. The issue doesn't bring up using direct communication with static IPs.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Observer gosha-z
Observer

Jump to solution

PetaLinux, by default, based on kernel 4.9 which is a bit outdated. Have you tried switch to kernel 4.14.0?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi again gosha-z!

Thanks for replying. I am really new to Linux embedded so the only things I do, are the thing written in the doc. I know that I can configure the kernel using petalinux-config --kernel but, I don't how to change kernel at all. Any specific documentation I should look into?

0 Kudos
Observer gosha-z
Observer

Jump to solution

You may tell petalinux to build custom kernel and point to location where it resides

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Well, it seems to be related to my router settings or the local network. The issue doesn't bring up using direct communication with static IPs.

0 Kudos