Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
radFITimage
Visitor
Visitor

Petalinux 2019.2 Applying Kernel Config

Jump to solution

I am looking to understand how a kernel patch should be applied using petalinux-config -c kernel for 2019.2. I have extracted a bsp.cf file and have added a linux-xlx_%%.bbappend. This does not appear to be picked up and when I distclean or clean it fails to get applied properly.

I tried the petalinux-build -c kernel -x finish but this also fails but this is a different issue.

Can the .bbappend for 2019.2 be supplied it appears to have changed with 2018.3 and 2020.1 based on my research so it is hard to determine what works in 2019.2

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
aravindb

HI @radFITimage 

Can you please follow steps mentioned in this link forum post:https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/petalinux-2020-1-kernel-config-file/td-p/1147298

That should help, incase if you still see the issues let me know.

Thanks & regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aravind

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
aravindb

HI @radFITimage 

Can you please follow steps mentioned in this link forum post:https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/petalinux-2020-1-kernel-config-file/td-p/1147298

That should help, incase if you still see the issues let me know.

Thanks & regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aravind

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
radFITimage
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for clarifying. I am currently having issues with -x finish working. It errors out. I attempted the fix to this by changing the URI but this did not work.It appears to  be linked in linix-xlnx repo mirror UI in the petalinux config in 2019.2.

I was able to manually execute the patch and have made user.cfg trying both devtool-fragment.cfg and can see this added into the work/plnx_zynqpm-xilinx-linux/4.19-xilinx-v2019.2+git999 but it does not appear in the image. I am going to do a distclean and try again.

0 Kudos
radFITimage
Visitor
Visitor

I missed the critical step of:

SRCTREECOVEREDTASKS_remove_pn-linux-xlnx = "do_kernel_configme"
0 Kudos