UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor mikevolzer
Visitor

Petalinux 2019.2 kernel configuration issues

I'm having some trouble changing the kernel configuration and having it generate the .cfg files that (in 2019.1) were put into project-spec/meta-user/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-xlnx.

It looks like this workflow was changed and I cannot find out how to do this properly in UG1144.

I used to be able to just do petalinux-config -c kernel and all this was automatic. Now it seems to do things in a tmp directory and this directory is not version controlled.

Anyone know the new, correct approach?

1 Reply
Highlighted
Observer jhartfiel
Observer

Re: Petalinux 2019.2 kernel configuration issues

Hi,

this workaround should help:

run "petalinux-build -c kernel -x finish" or "petalinux-build -c kernel -x finish -f" after you has changed kernel config, this will generate "project-spec/meta-user/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-xlnx/devtool-fragment.cfg" with your settings. the same must be done when you change u-boot config (petalinux-build -c u-boot -x finish -f).

br

John