UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Petalinux (Yocto) with SVN

In the past when we have built an image for an embedded device we pulled everything out of SVN to build the image- all the packages (applications, libs), rebuilt it on a build server, then committed the changes.  Essentially, the developer commits the changes to the custom linux app from his local development machine to SVN.  He then fires off the build server that checks everything out, builds the image (cramsfs, squashfs, whatever).  

Is this (every package in a company SVN) even possible with Yocto/Petalinux?  It looks like it pulls from a local copy of a GIT repo.

Also, is it possible to pare down the packages?  Our build server is going to be really slow if I have to check in all of these unused packages.

I'm still mulling things over so any thoughts or input would be appreciated.  I'm still learning the system and I'm not an expert in this at all. The other possibility is just to can petalinux and extract the things I need to make a Buildroot system.  Not entirely sure of the ramifications of that method.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Petalinux (Yocto) with SVN

You can use svn for your own recipes and layers, for example if your custom kernel was in svn instead of git. I'm not clear on what you mean by checking in packages, you shouldn't have to check in any packages. They will be downloaded once but after that they are local.
0 Kudos