cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Petalinux-build 2018.3 license warning messages

Jump to solution

I have run petalinux-build twice, once with the ZCU102 BSP (prod-silicon) that was downloaded from https://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/embedded-design-tools.html, and the other with an HDF file built from Vivado.

When run on an i5 (4 cores), the only warning message received is

[log_check] warning: %post(sysvinit-inittab-2.88dsf-r10.plnx_zynqmp) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

When run on an 17 (6 hyperthreaded cores), I end up with around 20 warning messages. All of them say

Could not copy license file xxx to yyy ... [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: xxx -> yyy

At the end of the build, there are files in the images/linux directory. I can only assume that this means that the build succeeded.

In the case of the BSP build, all I did was download the BSP, run petalinux-create to create the project, and run petalinux-build. I left everything as default. So, nothing special was done.

It seems odd that a build of a default config from a Xilinx supplied BSP would produce errors. What is going on?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

I was building on Ubuntu 16.04.5.

Owner of PetaLinux executables must match login user name. To fix the problem, I had to use "chown -R" to change the owner of the PetaLinux tools parent directory.

End result is that a user cannot use the PetaLinux tools installation if another user installed the tools. Each user must have its own tools install.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

I was building on Ubuntu 16.04.5.

Owner of PetaLinux executables must match login user name. To fix the problem, I had to use "chown -R" to change the owner of the PetaLinux tools parent directory.

End result is that a user cannot use the PetaLinux tools installation if another user installed the tools. Each user must have its own tools install.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos