UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor jsakaguchi
Visitor

Petalinux build image archive format

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am working on Petalinux 2017.2 build system hosted on VirtualBox Ubuntu 17.04, succeeded to get minimul boot system after following many scattered tutorials on WWW, and trying to put more packages to rootfs after then.

Rootfs is desired to be separated from boot image.

Currently if I understand correctly, when I do petalinux-build -c rootfs, the system launch making of 4 kinds of archives, namely, cpio, ext3, ext4, and tar, each of which consumes quite a lot of disk space.

But probably I just need one.

Is it possible to restrain the generation of different kinds of archives?

Now the virtual disk size is about 100GB but the space runs out.

Because I need to backup/restore the disk image frequently, huge disk size is not comfortable at all.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Petalinux build image archive format

Jump to solution

No that the default file generation .

Check this related post 

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/Petalinux-2016-4-boot-from-SD-with-ext4-rootfs/td-p/742310/page/2

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

No that the default file generation .

Check this related post 

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/Petalinux-2016-4-boot-from-SD-with-ext4-rootfs/td-p/742310/page/2

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Visitor jsakaguchi
Visitor

Jump to solution

Dear balkris,

Thanks for the advice.

Briefly can I make sure that you mean, "No such solution exists. Generation of all archive files is the default" ?

regards

jsakaguchi

0 Kudos