UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Petalinux custome rootfs

Hi,

I've been using petalinux for a while now and I really like it, specially when it comes to creating applications and modules, but the rootfs seams a bit... minimalist.

As far as I know you can point using petalinux to a local kernel source and u-Boot source, can you do the same with rootfs? I'd like to download a custom rootfs and then using petalinux-build leave it up to him to build/add my apps and modules to the final version of the rootfs.

Thanks,

Ciprian

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Petalinux custome rootfs

Hi Ciprian !

Not sure if this helps, but we have a "root" directory that will be overlayed on top of the petalinux rootfs. Comes in real handy. 

-----------------------------------

copy_rootfs() {
cp -a -r ${SRC_ZYNQ}/rootfs/testproject/* ${IMAGE_ROOTFS};

[Do other things like removing files you dont need here]
}

IMAGE_PREPROCESS_COMMAND += "copy_rootfs; "

-------------------

Cheers !

/Otto

0 Kudos

Hi @ottob,

Not sure if that's what I'm looking for, but i'd like to try. Where do I add or change this code?

-Ciprian

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Add it to 

meta-user/recipes-core/images/petalinux-user-image.bbappend

You'll need to update the paths though

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer borsec
Observer

You can just put another on the sd card. I can give you a rootfs image, but just in few days when I get back home. 

0 Kudos