cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JWMISEU
Visitor
Visitor

Petalinux fetch failures and others

Does anyone else get sporadic failures with Petalinux tools which disappear, or reappear, when cleaning the project?

For example, I just set up a new Petalinux build, did the basic config and ran petalinux-build, only for it to fail to fetch libmali-xlnx. Manually opening the repo in a browser shows that it is fine. Repeated tries give the same error:

error setting certificate verify locations:
  CAfile: /opt/petalinux/2020.2/sysroots/x86_64-petalinux-linux/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

My Petalinux Tools install has bever been in /opt, because that would demand root, and the installer tells you to run it as a normal users. This is my 10th PL install from the same Tools installation, and this has never happened with libmail-xlnx, though it has happened with other packages.

The only way to stop this is to completely clean the build and start again. Every time I do that, it take 40 minutes to an hour to download everything again, and there is guaranteed to be an error somewhere, as often as not because a repo or package cannot be found.

Surely this system of building is not The Way it Works? It is so temperamental. I just cannot get anything done.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JWMISEU
Visitor
Visitor

Is it possible to download required tarballs for each recipe just once ever, and always use those stored copies?

0 Kudos