cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Petalinux stop boot midway

Jump to solution

I was able to boot petalinux correctly as seen in boot_ok. I added an interrupt to the interrupt controller and the boot stops midway, as seen in boot_err. I traced the code as best as I can with xmd, and I realized that the kernel enters an infinite loop in cpu_idle (that jumps to cpu_default->cpu_idle->cpu_default->etc...).

From the kernel output in boot_ok and boot_err. The kernels stops just after setting up hash tables but before setting up the ethernet driver (seemingly).

I'm looking for suggestions to debug this issue with a more advanced tool like gdb. Does anyone have any pointers or instructions to do so?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

I cleaned the project and re-compiled everything and it worked. I believe there were some variable that got updated that didn't trigger a re-compile of the pcore.

Thanks for your help. :-)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
achutha
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@vincekoskesh@hotmail.com

What is the peripheral that you have enabled the interrupt and how is it connected?

Do you see any details of the interrupt in the DTS files?

Will you be able to test the peripheral with the baremetal application?

Regards,

Achutha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

@achutha

I connected a custom peripheral to the interrupt controller, It was tested in baremetal. The peripheral with its configurations (including the interrupt) has its own entry within the DTS.

Some pointers on debugging this issue would be helpful.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

I cleaned the project and re-compiled everything and it worked. I believe there were some variable that got updated that didn't trigger a re-compile of the pcore.

Thanks for your help. :-)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
achutha
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

vincekoskesh@hotmail.com

Thanks for updating the status.

Do you have any observation with respect to new build files(DTS etc) compared to the older build ?

Regards,

Achutha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

@achutha

The DTS is identical in both projects. It was a hardware issue.

Thanks.

0 Kudos