cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GUmesh
Visitor
Visitor

Petalinux - videopipeline error : Failed to enumerate /dev/media0 (-2)

Hello everybody,

I am trying to build a video pipeline in Petalinux 2019.1 and my vivado design is as follows 
Camera -> MIPI-CSI-RX-Subysystem -> Sensor Demosaic -> Gamma LUT-> VDMA -> ZYNQ-PS. 

GUmesh_0-1620281551845.png

I am fairly new to the petalinux tools and device trees, However, I have managed to build the petalinux with the device tree which I have attached.
I obtain the results after booting as in the putty log file. Please find the attachment.

1. What am I doing wrong ? also
2. How do I include Gamma LUT in the device tree, because when this block is added to the device tree a kernel panic occurs during the boot.

My aim is to save images using the command : 

yavta -c5 -f YUYV -s "$width"x"$height" -F /dev/video0. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
florentw

HI @GUmesh 

I guess that you are aware that the binding is the documentation for the device tree. If you look at the binding for the gamma lut:

https://github.com/Xilinx/linux-xlnx/blob/master/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/media/xilinx/xlnx%2Cv-gamma-lut.txt

You will see that there are required properties. One of them is the following:

- reset-gpios: Specifier for a GPIO that asserts Gamma IP (AP_RST_N) reset

I do not see it in your device tree. And I believe for the resets, all IP should be connected to a different GPIO pin which is not the case in your design as I can see that all IPs are connected to the same reset. 

Not sure if this is your issue but this is a first path to explore

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**