Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ritanagar
Adventurer
Adventurer

Porting linux kernel on ML410 Virtex4

Jump to solution

Hi,

I made linux image but on console its nt showing any result.I also checked the board with other program and its working.Plz help me how can I sort out this problem.On wiki whatever matter given I did the proting from that method, but I dont find any good material on porting linux on ML410.

Plz somebody help me.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
linnj
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
I'm confused on what you really did.

If you follow the wiki to build a kernel for the ML405 board, it's the same processor, a 405.

http://xilinx.wikidot.com

There's no porting to be done if you build the system right. Start simple with a minimal system to get a baseline.

Compare the device tree that you generate to the one for the ML405 in arch/powerpc/boot/dts to see if you did something strange.

I have built an ML410 system using the EDK not too long ago and the kernel booted up fine on it. I built a simple system though, no PCI, only the processor, memory, interrupt controller, and uart.

There's also good kernel debug tips on the wiki that you should use.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
linnj
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
I'm confused on what you really did.

If you follow the wiki to build a kernel for the ML405 board, it's the same processor, a 405.

http://xilinx.wikidot.com

There's no porting to be done if you build the system right. Start simple with a minimal system to get a baseline.

Compare the device tree that you generate to the one for the ML405 in arch/powerpc/boot/dts to see if you did something strange.

I have built an ML410 system using the EDK not too long ago and the kernel booted up fine on it. I built a simple system though, no PCI, only the processor, memory, interrupt controller, and uart.

There's also good kernel debug tips on the wiki that you should use.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
linnj
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I attached the EDK MHS file for that system I used.

0 Kudos
linnj
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I also attached the dts file for it. 

For some reason I can't get this gui to attach files that have non text file names, so you'll have to rename them to take off the .txt.

0 Kudos
ritanagar
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thanks a lot sir, ya I done that.But I have a little confusion that image is running as application or as OS.

second cn a make a menu so that it will show a boot menu .if so should we make it as in xilinx Edk as linux_2_6 as OS support  and do programming in EDK for this, or is there any other way.I havent done any programming in EDK .Plz guide me how can I go forward?????

0 Kudos