Did you mean: 
lucapuglia
Observer
Observer

Problem with arch linux and ethernet on Zedboard

Hi,

Arch linux base version works fine on my zedboard:

http://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv7/xilinx/zedboard

but when i try to boot arch linux using a custom PL design i have a problem with the ethernet driver:

macb e000b000.ethernet eth0: unable to generate target frequency: 125000000 Hz
macb e000b000.ethernet eth0: link down

to stop this message popping out i need to unplug the connector. This happens only when i use my own BOOT.bin (u-boot compiled from the source, fsbl Eclipse generated and custom bitstream).

When i do

cat /sys/kernel/debug/clk/clk_summary

I obtain different results using respectively base version and my version of BOOT.bin.

I'm using the zedboard presets in Vivado, what can alter the clk of the ethernet?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
achutha
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@lucapuglia

Refer to the discussion in the link a similar issue is resolved.

Regards,

Achutha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
lucapuglia
Observer
Observer

I've already looked at that discussion but:

"Looks like you selected an external clock via EMIO for the GEM. This is set in PCW in Vivado (somewhere around where you set the frequency as well).

You need to fix that."

it's not an exaustive answer, it looks like the user had connected the GEM clock to EMIO, i think it's not my case:

Screenshot - 14072015 - 10:50:45.png

0 Kudos
lucapuglia
Observer
Observer

i'have tried different value for Requested Frequency clock on ENET0 row but nothing is happened.
0 Kudos
lucapuglia
Observer
Observer

it's for SURE a FSBL problem, i have used this fsbl:

http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/file/view/2013.4-release.tar.xz/483333010/2013.4-release.tar.xz

and now is working, what is the difference between the one generated in eclipse and this one???

0 Kudos
lucapuglia
Observer
Observer

more precisely the problem is caused by ps7_init.c, i know it's a generated file but can someone explain me what coul possibly go wrong during the initilization?

0 Kudos