Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Problem with devicetree generation

Jump to solution

Hello,

I want to generate a device tree file with SDK 2014.4. I have already installed repositories like the guy in this topic: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/Generate-device-tree-SDK-2014-2/td-p/509357
But when I try to create new BSP project, I get an error (look at my screenshot). In the SDK log I have the following message: make: *** No rule to make target `all'. Could you help me with this problem?

Regards.

Скриншот 2015-01-06 19.58.33.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Programmers of Xilinx can't deal with backslashes in TCL, lol.

To solve the problem I just replaced content of the line 786 in the file device-tree-xlnx-xilinx-v2014.4\device_tree\data\common_proc.tcl by following string:

foreach file [glob [string map {\\ /} [get_property "REPOSITORY" $i]]/data/kernel_dtsi/${kernel_ver}/*] {

Tags: [Hsi 55-1545] Problem running tcl command ::sw_cpu_cortexa9::generate : no files matched glob pattern, glob [get_property "REPOSITORY" $i]/data/kernel_dtsi/${kernel_ver}/*

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Are you seeing the below errors in the SDK log-

ERROR: [Hsi 55-1464] Hardware instance __EMPTY__ not found in the design
ERROR: [Hsi 55-1464] Hardware instance __EMPTY__ not found in the design

If yes, this is a known issue in 2014.4. and there is a patch to fix this issue.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I only have 1 error. What patch are you talking about? Maybe, it can help me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Can you attach the error log? Also, did you source the device tree generator (for Vivado > 2014.1) from the github site? There are two variants of DTG - one for Vivado < 2014.1 and the other for Vivado > 2014.1

Attached pdf has the procedure.

Visitor
Visitor

I downloaded the repository pack from github with tag 2014.4. You can see my SDK.log in attachment.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

I did encounter the same error while generating a device tree BSP using device-tree-xlnx-xilinx-v2014.4 repository and SDK 2014.4; however, this issue seems to occur only on Windows OS. I could generate the Device Tree BSP on a Linux machine.

A CR has been filed to address this on Windows machines.

In the meantime, can you try (if possible) using a Linux machine and let me know if its working?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Sorry, but I don't have a Linux machine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Programmers of Xilinx can't deal with backslashes in TCL, lol.

To solve the problem I just replaced content of the line 786 in the file device-tree-xlnx-xilinx-v2014.4\device_tree\data\common_proc.tcl by following string:

foreach file [glob [string map {\\ /} [get_property "REPOSITORY" $i]]/data/kernel_dtsi/${kernel_ver}/*] {

Tags: [Hsi 55-1545] Problem running tcl command ::sw_cpu_cortexa9::generate : no files matched glob pattern, glob [get_property "REPOSITORY" $i]/data/kernel_dtsi/${kernel_ver}/*

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer
ERROR : [Hsm 55-1545] Problem running tcl command ::sw_device_tree::device_tree_drc : invalid command name "hsi::utils::add_new_child_node"
while executing
"hsi::utils::add_new_child_node $os_handle "global_params""
(procedure "::sw_device_tree::device_tree_drc" line 3)
invoked from within
"::sw_device_tree::device_tree_drc device_tree"
[Hsm 55-1440] Error(s) while running DRCs.
15:21:37 ERROR : Error generating bsp sources: Failed to generate BSP.
15:21:37 ERROR : Failed to generate sources for BSP project device_tree_bsp_0
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Internal error occurred while generating bsp sources. Please check the SDK Log view for further details.
at com.xilinx.sdk.sw.ui.handlers.RegenBspSourcesHandler.internalGenerateBsp(RegenBspSourcesHandler.java:178)
at com.xilinx.sdk.sw.ui.handlers.RegenBspSourcesHandler.access$2(RegenBspSourcesHandler.java:163)
at com.xilinx.sdk.sw.ui.handlers.RegenBspSourcesHandler$1$1.run(RegenBspSourcesHandler.java:131)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2344)
at com.xilinx.sdk.sw.ui.handlers.RegenBspSourcesHandler$1.run(RegenBspSourcesHandler.java:135)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

Is this the same error you had? Which line exactly you replaced. line 786 seems to be some comments. Please help
0 Kudos