UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie dkroeske

Question: custom IP core + linux (2.4.26) + interrupts -> IPIF/INTC initialization

Hello all. I have a problem receiving interrupts from my custom IP core in 2.4.26 linux kernel module. (XUP board) My opb IP core is registered correctly in /proc/interrupts by my kernel module but no interrupts are ever handled. Running my IP core in a standalone environment works correct. I'm suspecting that in the 2.4 kernel some bits in ipif or intc are not set correcty.

Is there example code available? (kernel module + interrupts + initialization intc/ipif)

regards,

dkroeske

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Question: custom IP core + linux (2.4.26) + interrupts -> IPIF/INTC initialization

Which linux kernel are you using? (from xilinx's git? from MontaVista? from kernel.org?)

If you're using one that still relies on the xparameters.h then you need to make sure you have the correct xparameters.h to properly define the settings for the intc. It has settings that define the max interrupt vector that can occur.

If you're using one that uses the new device trees, then my help is limited there since I've only begun working on my own device tree for my boards. Examples of the basic device trees for the Xilinx reference boards are available in the mainline kernel source, as well the xilinx's git server version.

0 Kudos