Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
a.turowski2
Visitor
Visitor

Remoteproc driver to control A53 core in ZynqMP

Hi all,

I would like to use one three A53 cores in ZynqMP ZCU9EG-ES1 silicon to run Linux and remaining one A53 core to run bare metal application. Linux will act as a master processor while core running bare metal would be remote processor. Can you tell me where can I find Linux remoteproc driver supporting A53 core please?

Kind regards,

Adam

0 Kudos
5 Replies
johnmcd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

remoteproc is used to startup one of the R5 cores and not one of the A53 cores. Take a look at UG1186 (OpenAMP Framework for Zynq Devices).

0 Kudos
a.turowski2
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for the reply. It looks like you are right. It is a shame that remoteproc can't be used for A53. It is already supporting A9 in older Zynq and R5 in ZynqMP, so it would be nice to have A53 support for completeness. As far as I am aware OpenAMP supports A9, R5 and A53 for FreeRTOS/Bare metal, so again it would be nice to have similar complete set on Linux side. Do you happen to know if such a driver is in a pipeline?

Kind regards,

Adam

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
johnmcd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I'm not aware of any plans to support AMP between A53s. The A53s support virtualization where the A9s didn't. So if you really want AMP among A53s, then a hypervisor is an easier solution. AMP among A9s was tricky to manage due to the shared resources and had limitations such as cache handling.

0 Kudos
prasanna_mn
Observer
Observer

Hi,

As you suggested AMP is not supported in ZynqMP a53, So using Hypervisor can it be possible for me run

1. Linux on Cortex-A53 Core-0

2. FreeRTOS on Cortex-A53 Core-1

3. FreeRTOS on Cortex-A53 Core-2

4. FreeRTOS on Cortex-A53 Core-3

and 5. FreeRTOS on Cortex-r5 RPU0. If so how I can achieve this.

Best Regards,

Prasanna

0 Kudos
deeptuuk
Visitor
Visitor

hi

Did you find some way to solve this problem?

I meet the same question.

Best Regards

DeepTuuk

0 Kudos