Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
georgios.rizeakos
Adventurer
Adventurer

SFP cage support kernel

Jump to solution

I am using 5.4.0-xilinx-v2020.2 kernel, and I simply want to enable SFP cage support.

I assume that PHYLINK is being supported for Kernel versions above 4.14, but I cant find any option "SFP cage support" in menuconfig.

Is there a way to enable that?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lmu@silicom.dk
Observer
Observer

Enable "Distributed Switch Architecture" in Networking support > Networking options then "SFP cage support" will appear in Device Drivers > Network device support > PHY Device support and infrastructure.

I am having problem with the sfp.c driver though. I do not detect my modules anymore and nothing can be read with the sensors command. This worked fine with PetaLinux 2019.2. Please let me know if that works for you.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
lmu@silicom.dk
Observer
Observer

Enable "Distributed Switch Architecture" in Networking support > Networking options then "SFP cage support" will appear in Device Drivers > Network device support > PHY Device support and infrastructure.

I am having problem with the sfp.c driver though. I do not detect my modules anymore and nothing can be read with the sensors command. This worked fine with PetaLinux 2019.2. Please let me know if that works for you.

View solution in original post