cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

SIP stack on Zynq-7020

Hello, I need to make a development using SIP protocol on a Zynq-7020 platform (picoZed board), so I need to include the required libraries into Petalinux work flow in order to be able to use it on my target board.

I guess the steps to follow are more or less clear:

* Get the SIP library sources.

* Cross-compile.

* Include into Petalinux workflow so that the generated rootfs include the library.

But I am not being able to accomplish those steps. I'm getting some problems. For instance, "ug1144-petalinux-tools-reference-guide.pdf" details how to include prebuilt libraries. But it mentions a .so file and my cross-compilation result is not such file, but a set of folders (include and lib folders). So, that guide doesn't serve me. Or maybe I am wrong with the cross-compiling, I don't know.

I will appreciate any help, tutorial, step by step guide, etc., regarding this issue. I'm not exactly a newbie with embedded Linux, but neither an experienced user. So, I will appreciate if you could help with some tips which are easy to follow.

I'm going to use PJSIP as my SIP library, but if someone knows any other SIP library easier to use or install, I will appreciate your suggestions.

I'm using Petalinux 2017.4.

Thanks in advance

Jesus

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Visitor
Visitor

Well, I've made some progress regarding this issue, so I want to update. Next link resulted to be very useful for my purpose: https://www.cnx-software.com/2016/07/19/setting-a-voip-sip-user-agent-with-embedded-linux/

I've been able to cross-compile PJSIP libraries for ARM. I copied the cross-compiled PJSIP library to my target board, but I got some errors when executing pjsua application, due to dependancy on some not found libraries related with Alsa. So I had to do the same process with Alsa libraries: download sources, cross-compile and deploy library to my target. Once done, I was able to execute pjsua app and I was ready to start my SIP development.

At this point, it could seem the problem is solved, and so it is actually, but it's not an optimal solution, since I would have to deploy both libraries to my rootfs averytime I generate it. So, the ideal solution would be to include the cross-compiled libraries deployment into the Petalinux build workflow, but I don't know how to do it so far. Details given in "ug1144-petalinux-tools-reference-guide.pdf" with regard to including prebuilt libraries aren't sufficent. Does anyone know how to make this?

Best regards

Jesus

0 Kudos