cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

SMB share shows 0 bytes free on windows 10

I am using a ZCU111 RFSoC eval bard with petalinux.  I have been able to share a new users's home drive, but on widows the dir command shows the files and directories, the bytes in the files and always 0 bytes free.  From the serial console the linux commsnd df -h . exits with "df: .: can't find mount point" . I get the same result from /home/root. df -h shows: 4 filesystems, devtemps on /dev, tmpfs on /run, tmpfs on var /volatile and /dev/mmcblk0p1 on /run/media/mmcblk0p1 ( sdcard).  I suspect, but aren't sure that these are related.  I have attached a screen shot of the serial console.

Any help will be much appreciated

Don

RFSoCSerialConsole.PNG
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

I changed the smb.conf file to share a directory I created under the /run folder.  After connecting from windows I get the correct nuber of bytes free, But I'm not sure if I could make a soft link back to the home dir.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @drdflx3 

Would you share smb.conf file and log files in /var/log/smb, if possible ?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

do you want the logs from the share that has 0 bytes free? I am able to see the soft link I made under the /run/share1 directory, but as suspected, I can't cd into it from Windows.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @drdflx3 

If you properly use soft link, you have to describe correct parapemer in smb.conf.

So, I ask you it to make sure.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

I don't understand what parameters in smb.conf can affect the link. I think it is Linux security preventing a backward transversing of the file system.
0 Kudos