UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor shahradp
Visitor

Spartan3E and rebuilding hardware for PetaLinux

Jump to solution

Hello All,

I am fighting with a strange problem that I have with rebuilding hardware and/or adding new IP for Spartan3E, and looking for your advices...

I tried the reference design of hardware for Spartan 3E in petalinux archive and compile it with EDK. This hardware works fine and I could bootup the Linux and play with it. But problem starts when I try to add a new IP core to the design. After adding new IP (which is just a hardware to turn on an LED on the board) to design, the only way to make it work is to "clean hardware" in EDK and rebuilt everything (which seems it is the correct way). Sounds good and hardware works (I mean LED goes on as I wish) and fs- boot (if you are familiar with it, the first bootloader for loading u- boot) also works.

But the problem now is after loading u-boot by fs- boot, u-boot is not working. So seems that compiling the design from a copy of refrence design in peta-linux archive, works. But rebulding it again doesn't work.

So my question is, why when I build the hardware for the first time it works, but after "clean hardware" and compile it again (even without adding new IP) doesn't work? Looking for any advice and suggestion.

Regards,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor shahradp
Visitor

Re: Spartan3E and rebuilding hardware for PetaLinux

Jump to solution
It's solved after removing some timming warnings that was not concerned before.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor shahradp
Visitor

Jump to solution
It's solved after removing some timming warnings that was not concerned before.
0 Kudos
Observer suzzy_2006
Observer

Jump to solution

hi shahradp:

is your OS linux ? ,my OS is  RHEL 5,but  my host computer cannot identity the board (the LED is not illuminat ),so the IMPACT cannot connect !

0 Kudos