UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

UBOOT relocation to SVN causes build issue

We are pulling uboot from a SVN repo and not a git repo.

Petalinux/Yocto tries to build it in: build/tmp/work/plnx_arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-xlnx/v2017.01-xilinx-v2017.2+git15-r0/git

but nothing is in that directory.  It is in:

build/tmp3/work/plnx_arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-xlnx/v2017.01-xilinx-v2017.2+git15-r0/trunk

In /opt/pkg/petalinux/2017.2/components/yocto/source/arm/layers/meta-xilinx/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-xlnx.inc this is set:

S = "${WORKDIR}/git"

which is causing the issue. The easy thing is to change that to:

S = "${WORKDIR}/trunk"

and move on, but is there a better way for it to switch correctly between the two (/git,/trunk) sub-directories depending on if you are using git or SVN to pull down the sources?

We are going to be pulling down the linux kernel from SVN as well and I'm sure I am going to run into the same issue.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: UBOOT relocation to SVN causes build issue

Hi Mark

Yes, Xilinx developed and hence support their meta layers and recipes to let the source be picked from Github.

To make this work for SVN, it might require manual effort of changing the meta layer accordingly.

Will make a note of this and let you know if it is possible to have the other subversion control support

Best Regards

Shabbir 

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: UBOOT relocation to SVN causes build issue

Can you also let me know about the kernel into SVN. It also fails and I'm having a heck of a time finding the correct script on that one.
0 Kudos