UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant bhoevding
Participant

UltraZed - Error with Linux Device Driver

Hello Everyone,

I am currently trying to get a device driver running. Furthermore I am using PetaLinux V2018.3 to generate my Boot-Files (image-4.14.0.ub, BOOT.BIN, ...) and I am using Debian 10 as my Root-FS. The issue I am currently struggling with is, that some of the functions from the device driver cant be compiled due to missing headers. Statically including the header "*/usr/include/asm/outerchache.h" allows me to compile the driver, but once adding the module I get the following error.

$ dmesg
loading out-of-tree modules taints kernel
Unknown symbol __flush_dcache_area

I have tried to add the Kernel Headers by calling

make headers_install INSTALL_HDR_PATH=/usr

but the outercache.h is not included when calling the makefile.

I have read that I should'nt use those particular headers because they are arm-platform specific, but in order to continue with this task I would appreciate your expertise regarding this matter. Is it okay to use that specific header with functions like __cpuc_flush_dcache_area or is there an alternative? Is there some configuration I missed, which enables me to generate the outerchache.h for the Avnet-UltraZed-EG?

Please let me know should you need more informationa and i would appreciate all the help I can get regarding this matter.

Regards

0 Kudos