UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer kenkrz
Observer

Unable to Read/Write to SPI1's CR register.

I'm running a Zynq/ AMP system with Petalinux on CPU0 and Bare metal on CPU1. I have the PS's SPI1 connected to a single slave. I tested the SPI connection with a simple SPI self test Bare Metal application and it checks out.

When I run the SPI self test, with Petalinux running on CPU0 and the bare metal "SPI self test" running on CPU1, the self test fails. The CR register always reads zero, not matter if I put it into reset or not. Same with the SR register.

I tried to disable all the Petalinux SPI drivers, but this did not help.

I then re-enabled the SPI drivers and put it into User Mode. I was able to run the Linux application spidev_test successfully, but still the Bare Metal's CPU access to the SPI seems to be disabled?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

KJK

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Observer kenkrz
Observer

Re: Unable to Read/Write to SPI1's CR register.

wanted to add that this worked in 2015.2 and the problem occurs when I upgrade to 2017.4

0 Kudos
Observer kenkrz
Observer

Re: Unable to Read/Write to SPI1's CR register.

After some digging I figured out that the SPI_CLK_CTRL had the SPI's clk disabled and the APER_CLK_CTRL had them disabled also.

So my new question is: How to I get Petalinux to enable those clocks?

0 Kudos