UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor jessekleve
Visitor

Unable to use custom rootfs for dom0 on top of Xen

I'm have troubles getting a dom0 up and running with my custom rootfs as the ramdisk. I've tried a number of different ways. I tried an NFS mount with bootargs for dom0 set to

console=hvc0 earlycon=xen earlyprintk=xen rootdelay=1 root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=<ipaddr>:<serverip>:<gateway>:<netmask>::<interface>:off devtmpfs.mount=1 clk_ignore_unused

Another attempt was I extracted my rootfs onto partition 2 of my SD card and tried booting with

console=hvc0 earlycon=xen earlyprintk=xen root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootwait devtmpfs.mount=1 clk_ignore_unused

again, with no luck.

I also don't know what it's falling back to. Where is the default rootfs dom0 uses?

The thing I've been trying the most is adding a node in the xen device tree under chosen

rootfs0 {
    compatible = "multiboot,ramdisk", "multiboot-module";
    reg = <0x0 0x3180000 0x3100000>;
};

hoping that xen would point the kernel to this given bootargs as

console=hvc0 earlycon=xen rootdelay=1 root/dev/ram devtmpfs.mount=1 clk_ignore_unused

I have confirmed in each case that the kernel gets the bootargs I have mentioned here. I verified by looking in the boot logs and in /proc/cmdline. They both verify the bootargs that I expect are getting passed to the dom0 kernel.

All three of these instances I have sw switch 6 set to SD card boot. This is on a zcu102-zynqmp with all pre-built images I got from Dornerworks SDK along with my custom rootfs built with yocto.

Summary:

- Can anyone give me an avenue to explore. I'm at a loss

- What is the default rootfs that dom0 with fall back to?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos