UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer engr.majid
Observer

WARNING: No tftp server found

While Installing PetaLinux 16.1 I got this warning

WARNING: No tftp server found - please refer to "PetaLinux SDK Installation Guide" for its impact and solution

If any one could tell me its impact and how can I solve these deficiencies.....

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: WARNING: No tftp server found

you to Enable the TFTP service on your workstation. If you are unsure how to enable this service, please contact your system
administrator
check this guide
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/petalinux2013_10/ug976-petalinux-installation.pdf
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant rankeney
Participant

Unless you plan to use tftp to transfer files to your board, you can ignore this warning. Otherwise, depending on what system you have your Petalinux tools installed on (e.g. Ubuntu), you can google "install tftp server Ubuntu" and find the necessary steps.

Observer engr.majid
Observer

It means it has nothing to do with downloading any files during installation???

0 Kudos
Participant rankeney
Participant

It is just a warning that you your Linux server that you are loading your Petalinux tools on doesn't have a tftp server configured, so you can't use tftp to send files from your target system. I don't use tftp, so I ignore the warning when installing the toolset. Everything should continue to work just fine without downloading any additional files. If you later decide you need tftp, you can install it on your Linux system.

Robert

0 Kudos